Internal medicine - group 631E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiz about of the distant learning

+5
Mira Rasyida
Nursyakira Sharif
Prajakta
meenakshi phanse
Dr.Alexander Petrov
9 posters
Go down

What do you think about the amount of work during distant learning?

3 - 30%
3 - 30%
4 - 40%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 10

Poll closed
Dr.Alexander Petrov
Admin
https://631e-internal-med.forum2x2.ru

Quiz about of the distant learning Empty Quiz about of the distant learning

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 pm
What do you think about distant learning based on our experience?

If you choose variants except "Ok, nothing needs to be changed" - please add a topic to this forum and describe your ideas (For example - "Each contol work should include just 2 questions")
meenakshi phanse

Quiz about of the distant learning Empty Re: Quiz about of the distant learning

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:55 pm
the control work takes almost the whole day to complete and hence there is no time to actually study the topic as one concentrates only on finding the answers to the control work. there is no time left to self study and prepare for exams
Dr.Alexander Petrov
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:52 pm
Ok, what do you suggest?
To make a control work just 3-4-5-... questions?

Actually, how long does it take to do a control work? My guess would be that it should take maximum of 2 hours.

So, I would consider you day plan something like:

9:00-10:00 prepare to Skype session, re-read the control work of yesterday, refresh yesterdays knowledge
10:00-12:00 - Skype
12:00-14:00 - Lecture
14:00-16:00 - Read about the topic in general, may be also about other questions and problems
16:00-18:00 - Prepare the control work, essay etc.

Do you think it is too much studying?
Or does control work takes 4 hours to write?

Dr.Alexander Petrov
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:52 pm

The problem is also that the control work is a frame for the discussion during Skype sessions? If there will be less questions it means we will reduce time for discussion. In my opinion, it is necessary to point different mistakes so you can understand the topic.
Do you think we'd better have 3 questions in the control work, 30 minutes discussion and then just leave you to work on your own on the topic and exam questions?
Or do you suggest we have some other kind of Skype discussion, not based on control work? If so - how would you organize it?

If you think that you would be better working on your own, according to your own plan and topics - don't you think that a lot of students won't spend much time doing that?

Dr.Alexander Petrov
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:53 pm
I would really like to know your opinion about this. All of you are invited to take part in this discussion. Spend another 10 minutes here.
meenakshi phanse

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:29 pm
we are fine with format of skype discussions. personally i learn better during the discussions in class on skype so maybe we study the next days topic and the teacher asks questions during the class.
Prajakta

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:33 pm
I am also fine with the Skype lessons. I think the Skype lessons and forum and tests are a great idea. I think maybe 5 control questions would be better. Discussion covered in Skype class, when the teacher asks questions to students are more beneficial in my opinion. 😊
Nursyakira Sharif

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 pm
I kinda agree with prajakta.. the skype class is great.
Mira Rasyida

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:44 pm
honestly I also took almost whole day for one topic coz theres more new things to learn and to revise but that's my own problem to deal with and like you said sir, those questions are to be discussed during skype sessions so its good. even the questions are not simply like definition, etio, …. they re much more elaborate for practice and you teach us to use the guidelines into our practice . Smile
Iqbal Haqim

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:18 am
Skype Lessons is good. i like it. forum and task also is good. but control question is a bit much. i guess 5-6 questions is okay. Better do discussion in skype lesson. study
Anant Jangde

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:58 am
I think its well balanced, even i spend almost all day for the control work but as amira said its not straight forward questions and its engaging, i just try to find specific answers for every question and i get confused just by looking at the amount of text in the guidelines but after discussion it feels like it was pretty easy so i think it is a great way of distant learning
Pranali

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:24 am
I personally feel that the way you managed distant learning was great .the way you had arranged it helped me get updated for every topic we discussed. the control works did take time as i was trying to search everywhere to get a specific answer but while searching the answers, most of the things were getting fixed in the brain easily as we were reading it , understanding it , making our conclusion and than writing it . the next day discussion helped me to know my mistake in that particular question and the reasons for the mistake were clearly understood . I really liked the way you had arranged the forum as it revised all the knowledge from 3 rd year internal medicine the basics , I just felt the essay part tough to understand as we are more use to writing the case report . and most importantly as it gives us more time to study as there is no hectic bus travelling so that 1-2 hours are saved so i would prefer distant learning ahead too Very Happy

Last edited by Pranali on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:07 am
Hello sir
All the tasks and control works are good
But control works take half of our day. Guidelines are quite tricky sometimes. It takes a lot time to search understand and type..
Then we have no energy left to do rest of our personal work
But Skype sessions are great sir...we understand better that way..we enjoy your teaching online on Skype...I agree with iqbal Meenakshi and prajakta on the self study plan...we hardly get time to make our own notes and prepare..
Thank you sir
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum